Detox / panchakarma retreat
Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort located in kovalma in South India. Somatheeram is one of the first Ayurvedic resorts in the world and offers traditional treatments. It is approximately a 45 minute drive from Trivandrum airport to the resort. The resort is situated in a beautiful area surrounded by the sea, beach and palm trees. This is really a place to completely unwind.
This offer is covered by the STO Garant guarantee. You can find the conditions for this guarantee scheme on STO Garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/en/downloads).
The Ayurveda / detox package includes the following services
- Accommodation according to the booking category
- Daily Ayurveda treatment according to the booking *
- Ayurveda vegetarian full board meal
- Daily consultation by the doctor
- Free medication during the treatment period
- Composition of an individual Ayurveda diet menu
- One yoga and meditation session daily
- Airport transfer from Thiruvananthapuram
* The duration and quantity of the treatments depends on the personal doctor’s advice and the plan that follows from it
What do you get from us:
- Half a day local backwater boat cruise (valid for stays from 14 nights)
- Daily cultural program (visual or music) • Weekly 01 Ayurveda cooking demonstration
- Weekly 01 Ayurveda lecture hall
- Traditional welcome on arrival
* 15% discount on all bookings in the summer period (April to September 2020) * All year round 5% discount for single travelers (already included in the prices)
* For returning guests: 5% discount on your next stay Before you leave * Flying on: Trivandrum (TRV)
* Transfer time from the airport: Trivandrum – 30 minutes
* Check-in time 2 pm / Check-out time 12 noon
* Internet: free
* Supplement dinner with Christmas / New Year’s Eve gala dinner: € 60/90 per person.
* Air conditioning: not automatically included and against surcharge (Only some Special Cottages have air conditioning). Internet There is free WiFi in the room, in the restaurant, the reception and the internet cafe.
The various cells and tissues of the body undergo changes as age advances. So it necessary to rejuvenate the body systems for better harmony of the Body, Mind and Soul. Aimed at achieving this goal, the Rejuvenation Therapy includes synchronizing body massage by two therapists with medicated oil or cream, also the sirodhara, medicated steam bath along with internal rejuvenative medicines. This therapy is for 90 minutes to 2 hours per day for 7 to 14 days. Rejuvenating herbal face mask is also a part of this therapy.
Our food habits, daily routines, climatic variations etc. can cause the accumulation of toxins inside the body that can lead to the imbalance of the tridoshas. In addition of the body’s natural mechanism to get rid of these toxins. This body purification therapy is for purifying the whole body to attain proper balance of vatha, pitha and kapha based on the snehanakarma, swedananakarma and panchakarma treatments. The 14 days package process include body massage, snehapanam, nasyam, virechanam, (Medicated purgative), snehavasthi, dhara, pizhichil, njavaakizhi, karnapooranam, tharpanam, sirovasthi, steam bath and internal herbal medicines.
This is the Prime treatment in Ayurveda for reducing ageing processes, arresting the degeneration of the body cells and increasing the immunity of the body. Giving RASAYANA (Very Special Ayurvedic Medicine ) internally is the main part of this programme, along with the Panchakarma and Swedanakarma treatments. The 28 days package programme includes body massage, snehapanam, virechanam, nasyam, snehavasthi, dhara, pizhichil, njavarakizhi, tharpanam, sirovasthi, karnapooranam and medicated steam bath. This treatment is best effective if taken before the age of 60 for either Sex.
A boon for obese people, we have a special slimming programme which includes two types of massages (1) medicated herbal powder massage (2) medicated herbal oil massage. These two massages will be given for 28 days. This programme also includes medicated steam bath, intake of herbal juices and herbal tea and steam bath. A very special Ayurvedic diet is advised during the treatment period.
For the beauty conscious people, this special treatment programme includes herbal face pack, herbal cream massage, herbal oil massage, intake of tea and steam bath. This treatment increases the skin complexion, skin tone, beautifies the body figure and also helps you to feel young
The main sites for arthritic manifestation in the vertebral column are the lumbar and cervical regions. This treatment programme is to keep your spine and neck healthy and to cure the problems associated with it. This programme includes special massages, kativasthi, snehavasthi, kashayavasthi, pizhichil, njavarakizhi, special exercises etc. this is also very effective for cervical spondylosis, osteoporosis, low back aches, sciatica etc.
This is a combination of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda therapies in a holistic method. This treatment is very effective for stress management as well as for turning your body and mind helping you to attain the temperance of mind. This therapy is 03 to 04 hours per day for 07 to 14 days including yoga, meditation, rejuvenation massage, rejuvenation therapy, dhara, njavarakizhi, thalam, herbal steam bath, mudpack etc. with intake of herbal medicines.